POB: Bandipora Kashmir, a hamlet over the bank of Wullar lake Asia’s famous sweet water lake.
Objective: To struggle for the freedom and right of self determination for Jammu and Kashmir.
• Early Schooling at Bandipora.
Graduated from Prestigious
Sri Pratab Singh College Srinagar (SP College) Kashmir university.
Served as a Govt. Higher Secondary School teacher from 1961 to 1968.
• President Kashmir Students Association 1957-1960 Participated in significant Kashmir movement activities in 1960s.
• Fought Assembly Election of J&K legislative assembly from Lal Chowk Constituency in Feb 1972. After a large scale rigging by the Indian State missionary was declared defeated by a margin of 72 votes and wrote an article titled “Fraud of 72 in 1972.”
• Editor Weekly Azan Srinagar (1968-1973)
• Chief Editor Daily Azan Srinagar (1973-1975)
• Editor Monthly Nusrat-ul-Islam (1976-1978)
• Editor Monthly Al-Balag-ul-Mubeen 1980
• Weekly Aflak Srinagar 1982 to 1989.
• Azadi Ki Talash: An Urdu book published in 1982 in Srinagar and reprinted in Islamabad Pakistan in 1994.
• Sheikh Abdullah Key Naqoosh 1988 Srinagar.
• Kashmir Main Zalzaly Urdu Pamphlet 1988.
• Angles on Kashmir (Islamabad 1991).
• Safar Nama Istanbul (Islamabad 1991)
• Odyssey of Freedom (1996)
• Tehreek-e-Kashmir Pasmanzar Aur Hal (Islamabad 1997)
• Kashmir Bhanwar Mein in Urdu (Oct.2000)
• Kashmir-unruly Winds (Islamabad 2002)
Some Important News Paper Articles
• Pakistan Du Rahey Per (1962).
• Socialism Aur Islam (1967).
• Islam Mein Haq-i-Khud Iradiyat Ka Tasawur (1967).
• Kashmir Struggle-Assessment/Recommendations.
• Studying various currents over Kashmir.
• Kashmir Par Muzakarat Ka Tejziyeh Aur Teqazey.
• Long Struggle of Freedom And its Status.
• Chain of Election Drama’s in Kashmir.
• Pakistan, Aur Maselah Kashmir Ekeesweny Sadhy Ki Dahleyz Per.
• And many other articles.
• Chairman Jammu and Kashmir People’s League from July 1978.
• Drafted constitution of J&K People’s League in 1978 and its manifesto in 1991.
• Convener of Tehreek-e-Kashmir (Azad Kashmir Chapter) an eleven party alliance (1991-93).
• After renaming People’s League was elected Chairman of the J&K People’s Freedom League in May 2003.
• Joined All Parties Hurriet (Freedom) Conference (APHC) in May 2003.
• Elected as Convener APHC unanimously on 17 Nov 2003
• 1968-1970 Under J&K Preventive Detention Act in the Interrogation centers of Gupkar and Bagimahtab Srinagar and central Jail Srinagar.
• 1975- Under MISA in Police Lines Baramulla and central Jail Srinagar.
• 1980 Under PSA in Police Station Kothi Bagh Sgr, Kathua Jail, Sub-Jail Heranagar and C. jail Srinagar.
• 1985-1986 Under J&K PSA in Police Station Bandipore, Police Lines Baramulla, Dist. Jail Baramulla and Central Jail Srinagar.
• 1988 Under PSA in Kothi Bagh and Sonawar Police Stations and Harinawas Interrogation Center and Central Jail Srinagar.
• 1989-90 Under J&K PSA in Interrogation centers Gupkar,Harinawas Srinagar and Police Station Kothi Bagh Srinagar and Jammu Jail and High Security District Prison Udhampore.
• To Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) in 1991.
• Attended OIC foreign ministers conference Istanbul on 4-8 August 1991.
• Attended OIC Summit Dakar 9, Dec. 1991.
• Addressed Kashmir International Conference Bradford U. K. 9, July 1994, etc.
• Addressed OIC Foreign Ministers Contact Group on Kashmir in New York at UN Head Quarters in Sep 2003 and 2004. And international Kashmir conference Capitol Hill Washington.
• Participated in the 60th session of UNCHR in the Geneva in Mar-Apr 2004 as the Head of APHC Azad Kashmir/Pakistan Chapter.
• This is in addition to various national conferences and seminars in Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir.